What does Grassroots mean?
Grassroots Football means bringing together children and giving them access to football in their own environment whatever their age, gender, physical condition, skin colour, religion or ethnic origin. Grassroots Football also promotes socialising, sharing human values and promotes the pleasure of practising the marvellous sport of football.
GFA (Grassroots Football Academy)
GFA was started by FA qualified coaches Alex & Stelios to provide children in our local communities with a very well organised set-up which operates in a safe & friendly environment for all. We are extremely passionate about what we do and the important role we provide to children in our communities and to Grassroots Football. We strongly believe the most important thing is that the children enjoy playing football, receive qualified friendly coaching and remain passionate about football whilst developing life skills that we teach via our sessions. We understand whats required to correctly guide a child’s learning & development and how football can be taught effectively.
When joining our Academy we provide:
- Training throughout the year during school term time (including half-term)
- A ball for each player to train with
- 12 children to 1 coach ratio for our nursery and reception age groups
- 14 children to 1 coach ratio for our year 1 to year 7 age groups
- Sessions that are pre-organised and ready before the children arrive
- Coaches who are at least FA qualified or up to UEFA qualified
- Coaches with Full Enhanced CRB (CRC), Emergency Aid & Safeguarding Children certificates
- All required equipment
- Full public liability & personal accident insurance
- An age & ability appropriate curriculum, providing a future development pathway for all children
- Special events for everyone (children, parents & coaches) such as Parents vs Coaches friendly matches, Football Olympic days, visits to professional football club matches and more
GFA Football Clubs
All our clubs are affiliated with our local County FA and have at a minimum the Charter Standard award. The Charter Standard award is a best practice guide that sets standards of coaching, administration and child protection for all clubs outside the Football League and Premier League. As a benchmark for quality, it will improve the playing experience for all.
All our club teams play in local Sunday youth football leagues and provide teams from under 7’s (year 2 children) and upwards. For our under 6’s (year 1) and even younger age groups (reception & toddlers) we have the GFA Grasshoppers teams and Mini Grasshoppers which is a preparation for when the children go into Year 2 at school and can begin to play youth league football.
When joining our teams we provide:
- GFA personalised training kit
- GFA personalised match kit
- Midweek team training sessions
- League, Cup and Friendly matches
- Match day referees
- All required team equipment
- End of season presentation night where every child receives a trophy
- Public liability insurance cover
- Personal accident insurance cover
- FA & League affiliation
- Summer Tournaments
- (Optional) GFA personalised tracksuit